How to import a .sql.gz file when the host is not localhost? Use this syntax:
$ mysql -h db365838511.db.1and1.com -u dbun1234 -p db365838511 < 1and1help.com-Joomla-Apr.05.2010.sql
- mysql: This is the MySQL command to access your databases
- -h db365838511.db.1and1.com: This is the Host Name where your database is located (available from the 1&1 Control Panel).
- -u dbun1234: This is the User Name for your database (available from the 1&1 Control Panel).
- -p: This is to prompt for a password. Do not type the password now. You will be asked for the password after you hit ENTER.
- db111111111: This is the database name.
- < : This is to specify a database file should be imported to the database.
- 1and1help.com-Joomla-Apr.05.2010.sql: This is the filename you will enter to specify which of the files you wish to import.